Education, Experience and Credentials
- 1986 - Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, San Jose State University
- 1987 - 1990 - Tax and Audit Professional at KPMG Peat Marwick, a "Big 5" firm
- 1991 - 2006 licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) (lic. #57875)
- 1993 - 1999 - IRS Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent
- 1999 - licensed as a Private Investigator (lic. #PI 21176)
Since February of 1999, I have provided clients with a wide variety of consulting services including record-keeping assistance, tax consulting, forensic analysis, litigation support, expert witness testimony and fraud detection. I have over thirteen years of combined experience in these disciplines.
I have extensive experience in helping growing firms and companies implement or improve record-keeping systems. Perhaps you have postponed implementing or improving your record-keeping system because you've been too busy tending to the most important aspect of your business - making it prosper! Unfortunately, too many prosperous businesses fail to properly account for their prosperity and they encounter cash flow difficulties stemming from uncollected sales, unpaid bills, bounced checks, and unnecessary services charges. Before long, customers, creditors, and bankers can become very unhappy with you.
As if cash flow headaches weren't enough, a myriad of governmental and regulatory agencies may begin to ask questions that you will have trouble answering because you have not been able to properly measure the financial progress of your business or familiarize yourself with the latest laws and regulations affecting your business. If I can assist you with your record-keeping needs, please contact me.
Tax Consulting Services
Speaking of regulatory agencies, I spent five and ½ years working for one of the most feared of them all - the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division.
It was not uncommon to see people freeze in fear when I showed up at their door, no matter how wide my smile or reassuring my voice. I believe my experience uniquely qualifies me to assist you should you be contacted by that agency. You may have received notices or other correspondence from the IRS, or you may have been selected for an audit. If I can assist you with your tax consulting needs, please contact me.
I can put my investigative training and experience to work if you suspect that an employee or business associate may be stealing from you or taking advantage of you financially. If you need discreet assistance in proving your suspicions, please contact me.
Forensic Analysis/Litigation Support/Expert Witness Testimony
During the five and a half years I served as an Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent, I:
- Conducted and supervised investigations of targets responsible for multi-million dollar frauds, tax evasion schemes, money laundering offenses, and illegal drug smuggling operations
- Calculated multi-million dollar analyses proving unreported income and/or evidence of money laundering activity
- Coordinated the trial preparation needs of Assistant U.S. Attorneys and U.S. Department of Justice Trial Attorneys including evaluating, organizing, and controlling thousands of pages of discovery documents
- Testified before federal grand juries under oath in connection with multi-million dollar tax fraud and money laundering schemes
- Testified under oath and subjected to cross-examination in hearings and court proceedings relating to illegal drug activity
If you or your business have become the target of an income tax or other financial investigation, my investigative and trial preparation experience can help you and your legal counsel understand and defend against the charges leveled against you. If I can assist you with your civil or criminal litigation needs, please contact me. Last Updated ( Tuesday, 01 January 2008 )